February 20, 2015
500 gr pork mince or if you don’t like pork, this recipe is also nice with chicken or turkey mince
1 large carrot grated
8 button mushrooms (or mushroom of choice finely chopped)
1 small tin of water chestnuts (220 gr) finely chopped
1 small tin of bamboo shoots (220gr) finely chopped
4 spring onions finely chopped
4 cloves of garlic (crushed)
1 thumb sized piece of ginger (grated – I use a microplane)
1 heaped tspn of chinese 5 spice
1 – 2 tblspn of coconut oil
2 tspn of sesame oil
2 tblspns of fish sauce
1/4 cup of coconut aminos (or use soy sauce or tamari) juice of 1/2 a lemon
Iceberg lettuce leaves to serve
How you do it!
1. Heat the coconut and sesame oil in a large fry pan and add your garlic and ginger, stir briefly until fragrant and then add your mince
2. Fry until mince is almost browned and add your chinese 5 spice, keep stirring until fully browned and then add grated carrot, mushrooms, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots
3. Add your coconut aminos, fish sauce and stir through until some has evaporated and it’s smelling amazing!
4. Turn off your heat and add your spring onions and lemon juice, stir through
5. Serve in a big bowl with a plate of lettuce leaves and let everyone help themselves to their yummy San Choy Bow.
Serves at least 4 hungry people
**You can buy the sugar free Red Boat Fish Sauce through my affiliate link from Organics on a Budget
Happy New Year….or 新年快乐 Xīnnián kuàilè
Comments will be approved before showing up.