Our Commitment to Being Greener
Naughty Naturopath Mum has seven core values that we operate from every day. The first one is Environment.
We have seen time and time again that our environment experiences (and continues to experience) horrific extremes that are simply heartbreaking to communities and our planet. Now, more than ever, we simply cannot ignore the need to alter how we live and what we do to be more sustainable and eco-conscious - as businesses, as consumers and as individuals.
Because that’s the thing. It isn’t about waiting for the big guys to step up and make sweeping positive steps towards tackling the environmental challenges we face. It is about us all making small and consistent changes in our every day. When we all make changes it adds up to big changes.
How Naughty Naturopath Mum contributes:
Our office and team have made consistent efforts to make our business cleaner and greener for several years. We recycle everything we possibly can!
How else do we play it green?
- We use completely recyclable and fully compostable packaging for all our products.
- Boxes, wrapping and the satchels your orders arrive in are all able to be recycled or composted.
- We support Australian suppliers and make our products in Australia so that our carbon footprint is minimised.
- We also shred any paper to use for composting.
- The round stickers you find on our blend and mist recyclable boxes are printed by an environmentally friendly company who use recycled paper to make their stickers and only work with 100% natural dyes.
- We use natural twine to tie up our parcels that are wrapped in our fully recyclable geami wrap so we don't need to use any sticky tape at all!
- We save all cardboard boxes that our stock arrives in to repack for our wholesale orders.
- We save offcuts or discarded labels to take home and label our containers and kids stuff at home with them.
The NNM team realised that while we were doing a lot, we could still be doing more. And that is how we came to work with and support Plant A Tree.
There are several companies that do this, but after lots of research, I chose Plant A Tree because of how they go about things and we could ensure actual trees are planted.
They help Australian businesses to minimise their environmental impact and have planted more than 29 million trees so far focusing on biodiverse conservation plantings meaning they plant trees and shrubs that are native to the area they’re being planted.
The trees your Naughty Naturopath Mum purchases help plant all go towards minimising carbon, reduce soil salinity, minimise wind and water erosion, and restore habitats for native animals. It’s a win win, really. A dollar from every Naughty Naturopath Mum order goes towards planting a tree with Plant A Tree.
We’ll always work on improving
There’s always more we can do as individuals and businesses and I think we all have to start somewhere and then keep on improving on those efforts every day. As they say, something is better than nothing and any contribution towards looking after our planet is of utmost importance. I'm so proud of where we are at right now as a company in regards to what we are doing to be greener and proud that our Plant A Tree monetary contributions will continue to grow as we grow.
Change of any kind doesn’t happen overnight. Being open to any changes we can make to be more environmentally conscious is important and something I and Naughty Naturopath Mum as a business will always strive for.
Thanks so much for reading and please let us know if there is anything you think we can be doing better as we are always open to doing more and doing better!
Alisha and the NNM Team x